Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Gatotkaca Statue

On last 10-12 Sept 2011, me, my twin sister, my oldest sister and her husband visited Bali for three days.

Arriving in Bali, we were picked up by Mr. ketut, our rental car driver. Our first destination is ubud (1,5 hours from airport).

Along the way, there are lots of beautiful statues. One of them is Gatotkaca Statue.

Gatotkaca statue was built in 1993. Located at the center of road intersection at the northeast of Bali International airport, Ngurah Rai Airport.

In Mahabrata story, Gatotkaca is depicted as a very brave and powerful knight, the son of Bima, one of the five Pandawa Brothers.

I took some pictures of it. I'm sorry that I took from the back of the statue. But it still beautiful :D








- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment